We are pleased to announce the search for an Executive Director for one of our Strategic Business Partners, the Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation.
Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation (MMCF) brings people who love Mammoth together for our kids. We fund educational and athletic programs and facilities. Founded in 2009, MMCF provides funding and programmatic support for the Mammoth Mountain Ski and Snowboard Team, and Mammoth Unified School District. MMCF is the official nonprofit partner of Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, and the organization is headquartered in Mammoth Mountain’s Main Lodge area.
Staff includes the Executive Director, the education program coordinator (who works out of the Independent Learning Center at Mammoth High School), and a part time, contract bookkeeper.
Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation (MMCF) is seeking an executive director to oversee all aspects of the organization. The ED is responsible for organizational management and administration, as well as fundraising, events, program development and management, and planning. The ED works with the Board of Directors, program managers (including Mammoth Mountain Ski & Snowboard Team staff), community partners, event staff and volunteers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
o Board Relations
* Serves as staff support for the board of directors, providing regular updates and meeting management.
* Promotes Board of Directors' engagement in strategic planning, resource/financial development, membership development and overall organizational wellness.
o Fiscal Management
* Ensures that MMCF is fiscally sound. Works with the bookkeeper and board treasurer to develop and prepare an annual budget and quarterly reports to the board and to donors, and maintains rigorous accountability standard for grant and budget tracking. Directs financial activities and makes decisions based on plans and policies developed with the board.
* Oversees/supervises all bookkeeping, accounting and financial activities.
o Program and Operations Management and Planning
* Together with the MMCF Board, ensures management and leadership of MMCF in a manner consistent with non-profit best practices; designs and obtains board consensus for goals and objectives and obtains their assistance implementing these goals and objectives; provides leadership in choosing which tasks to undertake to achieve the goals and objectives and assigns priorities to those tasks.
* Oversees education programs including staffing and funding of Mammoth Unified School District annual grant and operation of the Independent Learning Center at Mammoth High School.
* Oversees athletic programs including scholarships and awards for the Mammoth Teams; grant planning and management.
o Fundraising & Events
* Serves as the organization’s lead on MMCF events, including the Mammoth Invitational, Fall Century/Kamikaze Bike Games and Mammoth Team events.
* Sustains and grows a diverse funding base, growing the membership and developing an individual donor base. Raises the visibility of the organization through the development and implementation of a sustainable marketing campaign geared to its various constituencies as well as the public.
* Obtains and manages contributions, fee-for-service contracts, grants, and in-kind donations to support MMCF projects and services.
o Staff & Board
* Manages program and contract staff while preparing for the anticipated growth of the organization; develops and implements appropriate human resource policies and procedures, including training, career development, hiring and firing, succession planning, and performance management.
* Supports inclusive strategic planning and ensures planning decisions are used in setting annual program/project goals; promotes an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and a common organizational vision.
o Communications and Community Outreach
* Responsible for all public relations and social media.
* Positions MMCF as an effective, vital organization. Represents MMCF at all appropriate public functions and makes effective public presentations. Establishes and maintains contacts with key individuals in both the public and private sectors.
* Works for strong communication with community partners such as Mammoth Lakes Town Council, Mammoth Unified School District Administration and Board.
* Responsible for volunteer outreach and management.
* Implements creative strategies to increase participation and expand public awareness of the MMCF work and program value.
* Assures professional relationships with individuals and organizations that share a stake in youth education, athletics, and outdoor activities in the area.